I'll give you some advise however I'm not going to guide you step-by-step to perform these you can do this by exploring all the settings of your router and getting to know them well I recommend this for any who administrates a home router.
- To protect your router itself (web control panel access):
- Do not permit wireless connections to the web control panel.
- Configure a custom username and password for the web control panel.
- As for protecting your wireless network (as your thread title is a bit unclear about what you mean by securing):
- Enable wireless protection (WEP/WPA/etc...).
- Enable MAC filtering to disallow certain clients or to permit certain clients only.
- Put in a difficult to guess SSID name and do not broadcast it. I hope it helps.