When you purchase a Netgear wireless router you can remove it from the box connect it to the Internet plug it in and start using it right away. However there are settings you should change on the router to establish security for your wireless network and for the router itself. You can access the router's settings by connecting a computer to the router and using an Internet browser to change them.
1. Look at the sticker on the bottom or side of your router. The default access address username and password are visible. Examples are shown in the photo below.
2. On most devices the login address will be https://routerlogin.net the username will be admin and the default password will be password.
3. Connect a computer to the router using an Ethernet cable. The computer should be configured to get an IP address automatically. This is the default configuration for most computers.
4. Start a browser (Internet Explorer is preferred) and type the login address into the address bar. This will usually be https://www.routerlogin.net or https://www.routerlogin.com. Be aware that these are not real websites on the Internet they are webpages hosted locally on the router.
5. A login screen should appear. If it does not you can type the IP address of the router into the browser address bar instead of the login address. The default IP addresses on NETGEAR routers are: https://192.168.0.1 or https://192.168.1.1
However the IP address may have been changed from default when the router was installed. If it has use the new IP address. If you don't know what it is please see this article: What is the IP address of my NETGEAR Router
6. Once the login screen appears enter the username and password. The username will always be admin (this cannot be changed). The default password is usually password but this may have changed when the router was installed. If you don't know the password you will have to reset the router to it's factory default settings.
1. Insert one end of an Ethernet cable into one of the ports labeled "1" through "4" on the back of the router. Insert the other end of the cable into the Ethernet port on a computer or laptop.
2. Launch a browser on the computer. Type one of the following three URLs into the address bar in your browser and press "Enter" to access the router: https://192.168.1.1 https://www.routerlogin.net
3. Type "admin" in the user name field of the login window and type "password" in the password field if you're setting the router up for the first time. Type the username and password you established for the router if you already configured it. Click "OK" to access the router's settings.
4. Determine if you want to use the Setup Wizard if you're configuring the router for the first time. Select "Yes" to use the wizard or select "No" to go to the configuration menu.
How To Access Netgear Wireless Router Settings?
Ans: Go into the Network and sharing center and next to...
Ans: You should follow these below points...1. Launch a...
Ans: Setup Netgear AC1200 WiFi Router: You just purc...
Ans: Reset Process of NETGEAR Extender WN2000RPT: The ...
Ans: If you are able to access your Nghthawk router but...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|