Fix Netgear Router Orange Light, Netgear Router Blinking Orange, Netgear Router Flashing Orange
As we all know that a router is a machine and problems can occur at any time in a machine. If on your Netgear router, an orange light is blinking, then that means internet is not working on your Netgear router. In order to solve this problem, these are some of the things that you can try out.
- Initially, get in touch with your internet service provider for testing internet connectivity. You can try connecting modem to your PC.
- If an orange light is still blinking, then that means there is no internet connection. Check your router settings as well.
- This problem can also be resolved by doing a simple reboot. So, reboot your modem and Netgear router to resolve the issue of Netgear router blinking orange.
Router firmware update
Once you are done with checking the internet connection, then the next thing for you to do is to update your Netgear router to solve the problem of Netgear router flashing orange light.
- If that is not something you wanna do then you can reset the router.
- Connect the wire of your Netgear router to a power source. Now, press the reset button and keep on holding it for at least 40 seconds.
- Now, reboot your modem and Netgear router.
Setup the router manually
- Launch your internet browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in the URL section.
- Enter the username and password and then click on log in.
- Now, configure the router by yourself by clicking on this option and then click on Next.
- Launch the page of basic settings.
- Now to solve the problem of Netgear router blinking orange, select yes when your network connection requires login.
- Then, select PPPOA.
- After that, enter the login username that has been given to you by your internet service provider.
- Now, enable net on ISP and click on apply.
- Then, go to wireless security and enter your network name.
- Select the channel 11 and region
- Select the speed of 108 mbps.
- After that, enable Wi-Fi access
- Now, select the box of security type and enter your password
- Don’t forget your password and username for the wireless network.
- Apply these changes and reboot your router.
Hope this resolves the issue of Netgear router flashing orange light.