Setup Linksys Velop Home Mesh WiFi System:
Linksys Velop Home mesh Wi-Fi system is a tri-band wifi system which provides 100% wifi throughout your home. It covers up to 6000 square feet and it is controlled by software application.
Linksys Velop Home mesh Wi-Fi system has 716 MHz quad core processor and it contains 512 MB flash memory and 512 MB RAM. It provides WPA2 personal security features and it comes with 2.4 Ghz to 5 GHz band. Linksys Velop Home mesh Wi-Fi system comes with three years warranty and support.
If you have purchase new Linksys Velop Home mesh Wi-Fi system. For setting it up, you need to take technical support help or you can set up at your home itself by following step by step instructions.
Setup a Wired Linksys Velop Home Mesh WiFi System:
First you will have to connect Linksys velop nodes with Ethernet cables in order to increase the speed and connectivity of your velop system.
To setting it up additional, Linksys Velop nodes will use a wireless connection with the help of Linksys application. Once your node has been setup, you need to connect Linksys nodes using Ethernet cables.
- First you are required to setup your primary node using Linksys app.
- Thereafter, you are required to add another secondary node through wireless setup using Linksys application.
- Once the setup is completed, you are required to move your secondary node to location where you want to keep it and then connect with any power outlet.
- Now you can use Ethernet cable to connect secondary node with the primary node. The nodes will switch itself on Ethernet connection.
- For adding other nodes, you can use Linksys app and thereafter setting them up to use Ethernet cable to connect all the nodes.
This is the complete installation of your Linksys Velop installation. But now peoples are curious to know how to add a node to the existing Velop system.
Before adding a node to the existing velop system, you need to check the following things before performing operation.
- First you need to make sure that you have a node connected with your modem, router with any type of internet connection.
- You have to ensure to have Linksys cloud account.
- You need to install the latest version of your Linksys app on your mobile device.
Note: If your velop system is set in bridge mode, the node which you are going to add will work on existing bridge mode only.
Step by Step Instruction to Add a Node to Existing Linksys Velop Home Mesh WiFi System:
- First you need to open Linksys app for accessing your application dashboard.
- Thereafter you need to click on Menu icon.
- Now you need to tap on setup a new product.
- Now click on add node to Velop Wi-Fi(Name of your Velop WiFi).
- You might be prompted to start your Bluetooth where Bluetooth is used only for setup purpose only. Tap yes to turn on your Bluetooth on your android devices. On the other part, you need to turn on Bluetooth manually for iOS devices. Otherwise choose proceed to next step.
Note: On some android devices, you might be asked to turn on your location access for setting it up, so you have to turn on your location access to complete setup for additional nodes.
- Now you are on app which explains how to keep additional node and click on next.
- You need to gather all the items which shown on the screen and click on next.
- Thereafter you need to plug in a node into any type of power outlet and then click on next.
- Now you have to wait for the light turn into solid purple which is located at the top of your node. First it will start from blue thereafter it will turn into purple.
- Now you application will start to search your additional node .
- Once your application found your additional node, you need to tap on the next button for proceeding in forward way.
- You need to wait for sometime until the node is being added with your velop system.
- App will tell you to perfect place for additional node means where you have to keep it. This app will also suggest you that how much distance you have to keep between in nodes and click on next.
- Assign a name to the node after placing it at good spot.
Tap on next:
After completion of setup, node will go through firmware. If latest firmware is available, it will installed automatically otherwise setup will continue and it will let you know to login to the app dashboard. Now you have added a node to the existing Velop system.
Linksys velop wired setup