To setup Dlink DIR 605I, you have to connect the router to DSL modem.
1. First of all, disconnect your DSL modem from the power supply.
2. Now, take an ethernet cable and connect your computer to D'Link dir 605l router’s LAN port.
3. In the next step, connect the DSL modem to the internet port of D'Link dir 605l router by using another ethernet cable.
4. Now, its time to connect the modem to the power supply and wait for a few moments.
5. After powering on both devices i.e., Dlink router and DSL modem, open your web browser.
6.In the web browser’s address bar, type “192.168.0.1” and hit the Enter key.
7. If you are logging first time into D'Link dir 605l router setup wizard then Dlink Setup Wizard will start automatically.
8. Hit Next and wait for a few moments so that your DLink dir 605l router can detect your Internet connection type.
After detecting the internet connection, enter username and password. To obtain these values, just contact your ISP.
9.If your Dlink router is unable to detect the type of internet connection then tap on the link “Guide me through the internet connection settings”.
10. Now choose your Internet connection type i.e., PPPoE or Dynamic.
PPPoE- Select this, if you are using DSL internet service. Username and password are provided by ISP.
DHCP- Select this, if you are using cable internet service. Here, you are not required to enter login credentials.
11. For 2.4 Ghz/5 GHz wireless frequency, you have to create a unique SSID for your WiFi network.
12. For security purpose, enter a password which no one can’t even guess.
Now, D'Link dir 605l setup process is complete. You can also bookmark your router management page.
If you need further assistance then ask for support by calling on DLink dir 605l Router. Here professionals are available for 24*7 hrs to deliver first-hand assistance to every customer.
If you are connecting the D-Link router to another router to use as a wireless access point and/or switch you will have to do the following before connecting the router to your network:
--> Disable UPnP
--> Disable DHCP
--> Change the LAN IP address to an available address on your network.
The LAN ports on the router cannot accept a DHCP address from your other router.