Hello Adrian, to setup connection between Optus Cable modem and wireless router, just go through these mentioned points -
If you are using Optus Supplied Cable & NBN Broadband Modem
a.Switch on Optus cable modem and connect to your system by ethernet cable or wirelessly. Pick the white cable with grey connectors and plug into NBN wall socket. After this, plug the power adapter into the power socket and to another end of Optus modem. Turn on both devices. Now Optus modem will start synchronization process, so you have to wait for 10 minutes.
b.After this, open your internet browser and type “192.168.0.1” in the address bar and hit Enter key.
c.Now, you will be asked to enter login credentials, just enter them and hit the Login button.
Default Username - admin
Optus Default Password - password
If you are using Optus Supplied DSL Broadband Modem
1. Turn on the modem and connect to your system via ethernet cable or wirelessly.
2. After this, open any web browser and type “https://10.1.1.1” in the address bar and hit Enter.
3. Now, you will be asked to enter login credentials i.e., username and password.
4. Next, you have to enter OptusNet username and password, just enter them and hit Login.
5. After logging, you can get further details, such as WiFi password, SSID etc by going through WiFi Setup menus.
If default credentials of Optus modem are not working then perform a factory reset. By resetting the modem to factory settings, you can easily login using default values. After logging, change default password and username to secure your broadband connection. In last, you will see this screen.
If you face any problem while setting up Optus cable modem then leave a message, I will definitely help you.