1. Using a computer that is connected to the router with an Ethernet cable launch a web browser. Examples of web browsers include Internet Explorer Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
2. Go to https://www.routerlogin.net
For further details see Cannot access Router settings
If you changed your router's IP address from the default enter the new IP address instead. If you forgot the new IP address you assigned to your router please visit this article to determine the router's IP address: What is the IP address of my NETGEAR Router
3. You are prompted to enter a username and password.
Default login credentials are:
Note: both username and password are case sensitive.
If the default login credentials don't work you may have changed the password in the past. If you can't remember your new password you'll need to reset your router to factory default settings. For more information see the "Restoring a NETGEAR Router to Factory Default Settings" article.
4. Click the ADVANCED tab and select Setup > Wireless Setup. At this point you will now see your router's SSID or wireless network name.
5. If you have an older router which uses the Smart Wizard user interface select Setup > Wireless Settings.
6. Click on the Apply button to save the changes.
Note: Upon changing the name or SSID of your wireless router you will need to reconnect all of your wireless devices to the new wireless network you changed to.
Netgear Wireless Router Password Setup?