Unable to Log on to the Linksys Wireless Range Extender Web-Based Setup Page:
If you are unable to log on to the Linksys wireless range extender, then this can be due to some below-mentioned reasons:
- An appropriate connection to the device hasn’t been set up yet.
- Your Linksys WiFi range extender is connected to your network wirelessly but not detecting the internet connection.
Before you begin, ensure that you have access to the web-based setup page of your Linksys extender using its default IP address, via network map feature on your desktop or through linksys.com web address.
1. Check if your computer is connected to the range extender's Wi-Fi
First of all, check whether your desktop/computer is properly connected to the range extender’s WiFi or not
- Ensure that you are connected to the SSID (WiFi name) of your wireless range extender.
- To check, tap on your computers’ ‘Wireless Utility’ and it will display the SSID (network name) which your computer/desktop is connected to.
- In case, you are not connected to your Linksys range extender’s SSID, then select the SSID from the list of available and active WiFi networks – type the network password and click on Connect.
- Once you are connected, you can easily access the web-based setup page of your Linksys WiFi range extender.
2. Check the indicator light of the range extender
The indicator/LED light will help you in identifying the status of your Linksys extender. For more information, check the product’s documentation/user guide to confirm that your range extender is properly connected to your available WiFi network.
3. Power Cycle your Linksys extender
- Disconnect your Linksys device from the power source.
- Reconnect it after a few minutes.
- Wait until the LED on your device is stable.
- If you want to check whether your range extender is ready for use or not, load up a relevant internet browser from a computer or laptop and log in to extender.linksys.com web address.
- If you still unable to log on to the Linksys wireless range extender, then make sure that:
- Your device (computer or laptop) is connected to the range extender (wired or wirelessly) properly.
- Make sure your range extender is connected to your existing WiFi network.
4. Check your device’s (computer or laptop) connectivity to the extender
Even though a ping test can easily trace the communication between the PC and your WiFi extender. To ping your range extender, you might want to obtain its IP address. If your Linksys WiFi range extender hasn’t been configured yet, then its default IP address would be 192.168.1.1. Else, you will need to determine your Linksys extender’s IP address via DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) Client Table on your existing router.
If you are still unable to log on to the Linksys wireless range extender then reset the device to factory defaults.