Most NETGEAR routers have a recessed button on the back or bottom panel marked "Reset" or " Restore Factory Settings". Sometimes it is not marked at all. Because the button is recessed you will require a thin tool like a straightened paperclip to press it.
1. Switch on the router and wait for it to boot up (about 1 minute).
2. Locate the "Restore Factory Settings" button of your router.
3. Use a sharp object such as a pen or a paper clip to press and hold the "Restore Factory Settings" button for about 7 seconds until the Power light begins to blink.
4. Release the "Restore Factory Settings" button and wait for the router to restart. The Power light will stop blinking and will become solid green (white for newer models).
5. The factory default settings will be restored so that you can access the router from your Web browser using the factory defaults.
You should follow these below points...
1. Launch an Internet browser on your computer.
2. Type one of the following URLs into the address bar of your Internet browser: "www.routerlogin.net" "www.routerlogin.com" 192.168.1.1" or 192.168.0.1."
3. Type in your router's current username and password into the fields provided.
4. Click on the tab labeled "Advanced" and click on the "Setup" tab on the left.
5. Click on "Wireless Setup.
6. Delete the current password next to the field labeled "Passphrase" under the "Security Options" section.
7. Type in a new password of your choice then click on "Apply" at the top of the Wireless Setup window. The password for your Netgear Genie router has now been changed.
8. Exit out of the Netgear Genie router interface.
What If I Forgot My Router Password Netgear?
Ans: WS-C3650-48TD-L Overview: Layer 2 switching with ...
Ans: Setup Remote Management On My Nighthawk Router: ...
Ans: Hello Cary, it might be possible due to incorrect ...
Ans: Here are steps for netgear router setup- netgear r...
Ans: Configure Asus RT AC5300 Router: Asus RT AC5300...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|