Difference Between Belkin Wireless Routers 7230 and 7231:
Hello, the basic difference in terms of layman term lies in the router speed, i.e Belkin 7231 provides higher data speed as compared to Belikn 7230. Both of them are compatible with 802.11b as mentioned by you and rightly so. The other differences lie in the hardware of both the routers.
The Belkin 7231 provides a speed of up to 108 Mbps The major differences between the two has been listed below for your convenience. If you have to explain to someone then you can say that Belkin 7231 is a successor of Belkin 7230.
Belkin F5D7231 - High-Speed Mode Wireless G Router )
Belkin F5D7230 - 802.11g Wireless DSL/Cable Gateway Router )
- It helps you connect your cable or DSL modem to the router which allows the user to share their high-speed internet connection with multiple devices.
- It is 35% faster than 802.11g equipped 7230 model of the same brand.
- It also provides a 6-months of free built-in Parental Control/Web Content filtering for those with kids around the house
- The company promises to provide 6-months of free Pop-up, Adware, and Spyware blocker
- The security features are bumped up with an additional option for WEP and WAP services and encryption.
- The router complies with the 802.11g standards, and also compatible with 802.11b products
- It helps the user to create a network at home or office without any requirement of cables or wires.
- The router comes with 6 months of free Parental Control web content filtering-secure options to make your security impenetrable and block the access to harmful websites.
- It also offers backward-compatibility with all 802.11b devices
- The router is very easy to setup and connects thanks to its Belkin Easy Install Wizard.
- The company claims that the router will be able to detect user's Internet settings and thus self-adjust to get the user online in
under 3 minutes
- The security features include wireless 64- and 128-bit WEP encryption to protect your router from any kind of infringement from outside sources.
- It also uses NAT and SPI firewall to protect the network from any kind of outside breach.
- The Belkin router is compatible with Macintosh and PC computers
- The router supports computers running on Linux or Unix OS as well.
- The router comes with a Belkin Lifetime Warranty.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned points cleared out the differences. If you need any other suggestion or help regarding the router feel free to revert back and I will be glad to help you out.