WPS Button on Belkin Router:
The WPS button on Belkin router helps you to connect to your WPS enabled devices. These are totally encrypted and have security factors such as WEP, or Wired Equivalent Privacy, and WPA, or Wi-Fi Protected Access. These security factors help you prevent the other wireless networks from having an access to your network.
WPS securely connects to a wifi network through a PIN number or PBC (Push Button Configuration). It is the most user-friendly and easiest way to set up a network along with its encryption. Below is your step by step guide to finding the WPS button on Belkin router.
Connect Your Device Using the Push Button Configuration (PBC) on the Device
- Press and hold down the WPS button for over 2 seconds, which is located on the top of your Belkin router.
- Your connection will be completed once the WPS light will flash.
- Again, press and hold down the WPS button of your device within 2 minutes.
Connect Your Device Using the Push Button Configuration (PBC) on the Web-Based Setup Page
You can also start the Push Button Configuration (PBC) using the web-based setup page of your range extender. Here are the steps to do so:
- Go to a web browser and type "http://Belkin.range" in the Address bar. After that, press Enter.
- In the next step, click on the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) under the extended network settings.
- On the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) page, click on the Start PBC tab under the option 2 on your screen i.e Push Button Configuration Method.
- Lastly, press and hold down the WPS button of your device for over 2 minutes. (The range extender will now automatically enter a security key and create a connection with your WPS-enabled device.)
Connect Your Device Using the WPS Pin
To connect your device with the range extender, you need to have a WPS PIN (Personal Identification Number) of your device. If you don’t know that, you can check your product description. Here are the steps below to connect your device using the WPS Pin.
- Go to a web browser and in the Address bar, type "http://Belkin.range". After that, press Enter to proceed further.
- In the next step, click on the extended network settings under the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) tab.
- On the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) page, type your device’s WPS PIN in the Enter Client Device PIN field. Click on Enroll.
- Within the time span of over 2 minutes, your device will be effectively enrolled with your wifi.
we hope the above article helped you to find the WPS button on Belkin router.