My Belkin router is constantly dropping out of the internet. I have 2 notebooks and 2 desktops accessing the router, but not at the same time. The drop out occurs even if only one of the computers is on. I am running Windows 7 Home with Avast Antivirus and firewall. I use Opera 11.01. I have reset and reinstalled Belkin router but this hasn't helped. If anyone knows how to fix this problem then please help me!!
The issue of your Belkin Router dropping internet signal could occur due to a number of reasons. Here we will discuss different methods to solve the problem. Follow the instructions carefully, in case you don't understand anything, you can revert back with your query anytime.
1. Check for any faulty cables: Sometimes the drop in signal could occur because of a faulty or damaged ethernet cable, so make sure to check or replace any faulty or damaged cable in your setup.
2. Secure your Wifi: It is always recommended to use WPA 2 settings to secure your wireless connection as it is encrypted and safe. Open your web browser and type in your IP address and hit Enter. Once on your routers default homepage, go to Wireless Settings > Security > Wireless Security > WPA 2 and secure it with a strong password.
3. Change your Bandwidth channel: Your home network router works on a bandwidth of 2.1 GHz which is also the same bandwidth for most of your home appliances like your microwave or cordless phone which leads to signal interference and hence drop in connection. So, change your bandwidth channel to 5.0 GHz.
4. Check your bandwidth usage: Monitoring your bandwidth will give you the exact idea which devices are consuming your bandwidth, so you can turn off that device or ban it from any further usage.
5. Contact your ISP: In case any of the above-mentioned steps did not get you to a solution, contact your ISP and ask if the issue is from their side as at times it has been noticed that some repair work might cause the hindrance or drop in connection.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned steps helped you in getting to a solution. In case you have any query related to the answer, kindly revert back with your issue and I will be glad to help.
Why My Belkin Router Regularly Drops Out of the Internet?
Ans: Steps to find a Belkin Router's WEP Key: 1. Open ...
Ans: Many broadband cable and DSL service providers pro...
Ans: As we all know Belkin routers are an excellent res...
Ans: Thank you everyone. After much testing etc. I dete...
Ans: Install And Configure Belkin Router Using Mac: ...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|