Setup Orbi with Fios -
Fios offers numerous services which include television service, telephone, and internet access and it has its operations in a Fibre-optic communications network. In order to make your wireless system to work with the fiber-optic communications network, it is important for you to setup the access point.
- Switch off your wireless network
- Put your Orbi router on the access point mode
In case you have bought the Orbi system from the verizon directly, then below mentioned are some of the steps that you need to follow.
Turn Off Your Wireless Network:
- Open the internet browser on your smartphone or computer system, which is linked to the verizon fios router.
- Then to set up my Orbi WiFi system to work with Fios, enter the IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and then the login window will open up.
- Now, it is time to enter the username and password details. Then, the main page will open up.
- In case you have never logged into your Fios router ever before, then you must make a username and password.
- Now to set up my Orbi WiFi system to work with Fios, on the main page, go to the wireless settings and then go to the security settings.
- Below the option of turn wireless on and then select off.
- Select apply at the end of the page.
For Setting up Your OrBi Router in the Access Point Mode:
- Take an ethernet wire to link the internet port of the Orbi router to the LAN pot of your Verizon router.
- Open the internet browser on your smartphone or PC which is linked to the Orbi network.
- Open the orbi login page by entering origin, in in the address bar
- Enter the username and password of the Orbi router. Enter admin in he username section and password in the password section. Both password and username are case sensitive. Now, the basic home page will open up.
- Click on advanced, then advanced setup and then go to the access point or router mode.
- Now to set up my Orbi WiFi system to work with Fios, go to the checkbox of Access point mode.
- Click on the radio button for using a particular IP address setting.
- Your Verizon router, which is on the network provides an IP address to the Orbi router. Whereas your Orbi router is in access point mode.
- Allow the fixed IP settings on your device. One can use this setting if he or she wants to assign a particular IP address to the router when it is in the access point mode.
- In case you want to avoid the interference of any other gateway or router on your network. It is advisable to use distinct wireless settings on every router.
- Additionally, you need to turn off the Verizon Fios router and use this router, particularly for Wi-Fi client access. Only use your Orbi router to get wireless client access.
- Now apply these changes by clicking on the apply button. This will change Orbi router’s IP address and you will get disconnected.
- In order to connect to the network again, close the internet browser, and open it once again. After that, open the orbi login page.
Does Orbi Work With Fios ,
How to Setup Orbi with Verizon FiOS.