Change DLink Router Default Password:
If you wish to change the default password of your D-Link router. You will have to open the configuration page of your router by opening up your internet browser. Once you have logged into the page of configuration,
You can create a new password by going to the wireless settings menu. So, here are the steps that you must follow in order to Change DLink Router Default Password.
Step 1: Access the Router
- Launch the internet browser: for this, you will need a computer system that is connected to the network. You can also use a smartphone if you are using a wireless network.
- Now, open the web browser and enter the IP address in the URL section. The IP address is 192.168.0.1, this IP address is the default address for various D-Link routers.
- In case the previous address does not work, then you can try out 192.168.1.1. Again, this address is common for routers.
To change Dlink default password, if neither of the above-mentioned addresses works, then you can enter http://dlinkrouter. The hostname works for every kind of D-Link router.
Step 2: Log in
- Enter admin as the username, which is the default SSID name for the D-Link router.
- Do not enter anything in the password field Generally, D-Link routers don’t have an assigned password.
- To change D-Link router password, you can also enter admin as the password if the blank is not working for you.
- In case, you are still not able to login, then go to the router passwords website and choose D-Link from the menu. Find the model of your router from the list and then enter the password and username.
- If even that does not work for you, then you will be left with the option of pressing and holding the reset button present at the router’s back. Press the button for the next 30 seconds. The router will start rebooting after taking a minute.
- Once the reset is done, then you will be able to use the default login details. Then you can move forward with the process of changing the D-Link default password.
Step 3: Change the Wireless Network Password
- Go to the Wireless tab and click on it. In case you can’t see that tab, then you must click on the wireless settings by going to the setup tab located in the menu on the left.
- Now to change D-Link router password, , go to the security mode menu and click on it.
- Click on wireless security. If you are planning to link the old devices that cannot get connected to WPA2, Then, you must not use this method.
- Although, this is the most secure means of protecting the network.
- Now to change D-Link router password,, click on the field of passphrase.
- Please ensure that the password does not include any dictionary words and is a difficult one. This is particularly necessary in crowded areas.
- Go to the field of confirm passphrase and enter the password once again.
- Click on the button of save settings for saving the changes made.
Once you have made the changes in the default password of Dlink router, then the wireless devices are going to get disconnected and will need a new password for reconnection.