Setup D-Link Dir-878
D-Link router is powered by MediaTek MT7621 @880 MHz Chipset, 64 MB RAM and 8 MB flash. In this blog, we are explaining step by step solution to setup d-link dir-878.
Following Prerequisite is Necessary to Set up D-Link Dir-878
- A broadband internet connection.
- Mobile device or tablet with the iOS 7 or above and any Android based device with the version 2.3.3 or above.
- The computer is required with Microsoft windows 10/8/7/vista or MAC with OS X*10.7 or higher.
- Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox 28, Safari 7 or Chrome 33 or any of the chrome higher versions with the enabled Java.
Step by Step Solution to Set up D-Link Dir-878:
- First, you have to set up the position of your DIR-878 near your internet connection modem. One of the most important things, keep your router in the open area to getting better network signal and coverage area.
- If your modem is turned on, turn off it immediately. Now you have attached your modem with the router with the help of Ethernet cable. Insert Ethernet label one end with the internet port of the router and other with the modem. Now turn on your modem back and plug your modem back and wait for some time around one minute approximately before proceeding onward.
- Now you are required to connect the supplied power adapter to the router and power outlet. Press the power button and wait for some time approximately one minute until the LED indicators changed their light status from orange to solid white. This LED indicator is located at the front of the device.
- If this setup operation or configuration operation is performing in wireless mode from the PC, you are required to connect with the WiFi network printed on the included Wi-Fi configuration card. You can also find the Wi-Fi network name and password printed on the label attached to the bottom of the router.
If you are configuring this DIR-878 from the PC with the wired Ethernet connection, you are required to plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the port labeled 1 on the back of the router, and another end into the Ethernet port on your computer
Configuration of D-Link Dir-878:
Router mode configuration: To set up and manage your DIR-878, you can use the free QRS mobile app, or you can use a built-in interface.
Using the QRS Mobile App:
- On your mobile device, first, you are required to go into the Apple App Store or Google pay and then perform a search operation for the free QRS Mobile app and download it
- Now you are required to connect your mobile device to the Wi-Fi network printed on the included Wi-Fi configuration card. You can also find the Wi-Fi network name and password printed on the label which is attached on the bottom of the router
- Now you need to run the QRS mobile app on your device. It will guide you step by step through the configuration of the router.
Using the Built-In Web Interface:
For the configuration your DIR-878, first you are required to open any installed browser on the connected computer, if you are not redirected automatically to the D-Link setup wizard, you need to go into http://dlinkrouter.local./ and follow the on-screen instructions. You have to use admin as the default username and leave the password box as blank.
Troubleshooting Guide During the Setup and Configuration:
How do I configure my DIR-878 router manually?
- First, connect your personal computer with the router wirelessly using Ethernet cable
- Open any installed web browser and enter the following address in the address bar, http://dlinkrouter.local./ or 192.168.0.1
- The router password should be blank by default
- If you have changed the password and cannot remember it, reset the router to return to on an empty field
How do I reset my DIR-878 router with the factory default setting?
- First, you have to make sure that the router should be turned on.
- Using any sharp object or any paper clip, press and hold the reset button which is on the back of the device for approximate 3 seconds
Note: one of the important things that resetting operation on the router will remove or erase the current configuration settings. To reconfigure the settings, login into your router as the above question and run the setup wizard
Why Cannot Get an Internet Connection
For the ADSL user, you have to contact your internet service provider to make sure that service has been enabled or connected with the internet service provider and then your internet service provider username and password are correct.
This is the detailed document on to Set up d-link dir-878