1. Using a computer that is connected to the router with an Ethernet cable launch a web browser. Examples of web browsers include Internet Explorer Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
2. In the browser address bar type https://www.routerlogin.com. You can also try the following:
If you changed your router's IP address from the default enter the new IP address instead.
Note: If none of these work see step 2 of the "I cannot access my Router settings" article for more information.
You are prompted to enter a username and password.
3. Enter the following default login credentials:
Note: The username and password are case sensitive.
If the default login credentials does not work you might have changed the password. Use the new password that you have changed to. If you cannot remember your new password you must perform a factory reset to restore the router to its factory default settings. For more information see the "Restoring a NETGEAR Router to Factory Default Settings" article.
The NETGEAR Genie home page displays.
4. Click the ADVANCED tab and select Setup > Wireless Setup.
5. The Network Key (password) for the wireless network of your router will be on the box on the right side of Passphrase:.
Note: If you have a dual-band router the interface has two of these sections one for the 2.4GHz wireless band and one for the 5GHz band. The security settings for each wireless band are independent of each other.
Note: If you are using WEP security (not recommended) the screen will look slightly different. Please see this article: Securing Your Network: WEP
6. On some router models and older firmware versions the passphrase is masked with asterisks (*). If this is the case you will not be able to read the Network Key (password) so you will have to change it instead. To change the wireless Network Key (password) simply type a new one in the Passphrase field and click the Apply button.
Note: Any wireless devices that were connected to the wireless network will be disconnected since the wireless password is now different. You will need to connect them to the wireless network again but this time use the new password. On some wireless devices you will have to delete the existing wireless profile from the device before it will ask for the new password.
How To Setup Netgear Router Password?
Ans: Hello, as per your query you have been given a Bel...
Ans: I've long been a big fan of Apple's Airport Extrem...
Ans: The problem of laptops not detecting Wifi is prett...
Ans: Mostly people are doing their configuration as by ...
Ans: Tenda Routers are an amazing device that gives fla...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|