Boost Your WiFi Signal with Netgear Extender Setup:
If the wireless network at your home is not giving you enough network coverage, then you must set up a wireless extender to improve the signal strength. Nowadays, a lot of people get troubled by slow Wi-Fi problems. You need Wi-Fi for doing everything at home.
You need the internet to stream TV shows and movies online. You may also need it to do work from home. As we have multiple tasks to do online, we need a speedy internet connection to get all our work done.
Setting up an extender can give you a fast network connection in all the areas of your house. Below are the instructions that you need to follow to set up a Netgear extender.
How to Set up a Netgear Extender?
There are multiple methods that you can apply to set up a Netgear extender. Three of the methods are mentioned below.
- Manual method
- WPS method
- Netgear Nighthawk app
1) Manual Method
In case your extender is not supporting the WPS method, then you must make your device operational using the manual method. Below are the steps that you need to follow for the manual method.
- Connect your extender to the power source and then power on your extender.
- After that, connect your router.
- Ensure that the connection is not loose.
- Then, turn on your computer and then open your internet browser.
- After that, enter mywifiext in the location bar of your browser. Then, press the enter key.
- Launch the browser, this will take you to the new extender setup page.
- Enter the default username and password and then finally click on the login button.
2) WPS method
This is probably the easiest method to set up a Netgear extender. Below are the steps that you must follow to set up your Netgear extender using the manual method.
- Keep your extender and router in the same room before you start with the setup process.
- Turn on your extender and then the LED light will change to green.
- Now, you must press the WPS button on your extender.
- When you see WPS LED on the extender list, you must press the WPS button on your router.
- Once you go to the Netgear genie smart setup wizard, then that means more than half of your work is over.
- Carry out the instructions appearing on the screen given by the extender.
Once you are done completing the WPS setup, you must change the location of your wireless extender as per your internet requirements.
3) Netgear Nighthawk App
Below are the steps that you are required to follow in order to set up your Netgear extender using the Nighthawk app.
- Before you get started with the setup procedure, please make sure that your extender is powered on and its LED light is solid green.
- You can set up your extender using your Android as well as iOS smartphone. So, you need to go to the app store that is compatible to the OS of your device and then download the app.
- When you are done with that, install the app and then carry out the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process of your extender and improve the signal strength of your Wi-Fi.