It is necessary to Reset Netgear WNDR3400v2 when you cannot remember the password of the router. The only way to recover the router’s lost password is to reset it back to its factory settings. A factory reset will delete the username, password, and security settings of the router.
You can hard reset the Netgear WNDR3400v2 at home by pressing the button present at the back of the router or with the web-based configuration utility. A hard reset will not change the router back to its earlier version, but make the router behave like a new device by changing it back to the factory default settings and default password.
Method I- Reset Button
• Check whether your router is connected to a power source, and the power lights are on.
• The Reset button is present at the back of the router.
• Use a small pin or a similar pointed object to press and hold the reset button for 10 to 15 seconds.
• Now release the reset button.
• Your router will restart after a few seconds.
Method 2- WPS and Wireless Key (For Routers that Do not have the Reset Button)
• Make sure that the router is connected to a power supply.
• Turn on the Netgear router.
• Find the buttons labeled Wireless and WPS together.
• Hold down the buttons for 6 to 7 seconds and then release both the buttons.
• Wait for some time.
• The router will reset to its factory default settings.
Please note- WPS button on the router makes the Internet connection available even without a password.
You can reboot the Netgear WNDR3400v2 with a computer and a browser using a few simple steps. You need to have basic computer knowledge for this. This reset method will delete all the data on the Netgear router like the Wi-Fi password, IP address, and DNS.
Please note- All the Netgear routers do not have the same default IP address, username, and password. So, it is necessary to get the correct login details of the Netgear WNDR3400v2 alt router before rebooting it via a web-based configuration utility.
• Turn on your Netgear WNDR3400v2 router by connecting it to a power source.
• Make a connection between the router and your device using Wi-Fi.
• Open the web browser(Firefox or Chrome).
• Enter the default IP or the URL address (IP address - 192.168.0.1 or www.routerlogin.net) and click Enter key.
• Enter the default username and password on the user interface (Default username- admin, Default password- blank) and confirm.
• Now go to Maintenance and select the Backup settings option.
• Select Erase under Rivet Factory Default settings and click the Yes option.
• Your Netgear WNDR3400v2 will be rebooted.
• Reset of Netgear router via web-based configuration utility is complete.
Troubleshoot rebooting issues of Netgear WNDR3400v2 and get your router back to action with a hard reset or web-based configuration utility.