If you are able to access your Nghthawk router but you fail to get an access to the internet, then in such a case you must try to acquire the IP address from your ISP. You can check whether your request has been sent successfully or not by going to the status screen of your router. If you want to know how to access my Netgear Nighthawk router, then these are some of the steps that you must bring into action.
Check Wide Area Network IP address
- Launch your web browser and then go to an external website.
- Go to the main router page by typing www.routerlogin.net in the URL section.
- Now, go to Administration and then router settings.
- Now, check whether there is an IP address or not. In case you see 0.0.0.0, then that means you did not acquire IP address from your internet service provider.
If you are not able to acquire IP address from your internet service provider, then you may have to start a new network so that your DSL modem can recognise it. There can be several reasons reasons responsible for why you are not able to obtain an IP address from your ISP. It can be one of the problems mentioned below:
- There is a chance that your service provider may require a login process. You must put up a question to your internet service provider whether they need PPPOE or some other kind of login.
- If it needs a login that means the password or username must have been wrongly set.
- ISP may ask for the host name of your computer. Now, go to the setup screen and assign the system host name.
- There is a high possibility that your ISP enables MAC address to get linked to the network and that is why it is searching for the MAC address. In such a case, you can do two things:
- Tell your internet service provider that you have purchased a new device. Then, tell them to use the MAC address of your router.
- Now, setup your router and copy the MAC address of your system.