For connecting Netgear router WGR614v9 to the internet, follow these steps:-
- First of all, turn off your DSL modem and ensure the Netgear router WGR614v9 is unplugged. Also, disconnect the DSL modem from your system.
- For connecting to the internet, make sure the Ethernet cable should be of good quality. If the Ethernet cable is torn or frayed then you will face various issues while connecting to the internet.
- Now plug the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on the back of your computer and plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the Internet port on the Netgear router WGR614v9.
- Take an extra Ethernet cable and plug into one of the numbered ports on the Netgear router WGR614v9. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the Internet port on the back of the DSL modem. Make sure you have connected ethernet cable into the appropriate port otherwise Netgear router WGR614v9 will not connect to the internet.
- Turn on your DSL modem and connect the power adapter to your Netgear router WGR614v9 and allow it to power on. Turn on your computer and open a browser window. Go to address bar and type 192.168.1.1. Press "Enter."
- Under the "Setup" tab, go to "Basic Setup" selection. Navigate to "Internet Connection Type" menu, select the type of DSL you are using. Check with your Internet provider to confirm your connection type if you are unsure. If you cannot find your DSL, just choose "Automatic Configuration."
- Type in the username and password that you use to connect your DSL Internet service in the fields provided. Select "Save Settings.
- Open a new browser window, and test your Internet connection by visiting a web page. If you have Internet service, you have successfully set up your Netgear wireless router to the internet.
Still, have connectivity issues then contact Netgear Tech Support.