Follow these steps when Netgear router does not connect to WiFi -
1.Connect the modem to Netgear router’s internet port by using a Cat5 ethernet cable. Also, connect your computer to Netgear router by using another ethernet cable.
2. Switch modem, computer and Netgear router off and on again. Wait for a couple of minutes until all of them finish booting up.
3. Open the internet browser and type Netgear router’s IP address in the address bar. It would be either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. Now you are prompted to Netgear router login page where you have to enter login details. Hit Login and enter into Netgear router setup wizard.
Note: If you don’t know Netgear router’s login credentials then you have to reset Netgear router to factory settings.
4. Next, tap on Setup Wizard. Just click on radio box that is next to Yes and then hit Next button.
5. The setup wizard will detect your type of internet connection. If you are using cable internet connection, the Setup wizard will detect “Dynamic IP”. Save the settings by clicking on Save button.
6. To check your connectivity status, go to Maintenance and then tap on “Router Status”.
7. Check the IP address field and make sure there exists a valid IP address. (It would not be like 0.0.0.0)
Hopefully, now you will be able to enjoy Netgear router’s WiFi network on your device. If any problem arises while following instructions then please feel free to revert back, I will feel glad to help you.