I have a Netgear N-series of router, which I have been using for quite some time. My ISP provided me with a login details to get access to my router settings page, which I never really used. But recently, when I was having issues with my router, I could not login to my Netgear router. Can anyone tell me why this happened and how can I login to my router?
If you are unable to log into your router follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Connect your router to your computer via a wired ethernet connection. One end of the wire will go inside your LAN port while the other end into your computer's ethernet port.
2. Check the LED lights, make sure they are not blinking continuously, if the LED lights are not behaving normal chances are, you might have an issue with your internet connection.
3. To test the internet connection, click Start > Run, type cmd in the box to get access to the command prompt on your computer. Type 'ping 192.168.1.1'. If the message shows 'Request Timed Out', then try ping 192.168.0.1. If you still get the similar message then your router is not able to connect to the internet.
4. Make sure your router is in functioning condition, reboot and see if the problem has been resolved.
5. Make sure you are not using any kind of proxy software with your router, if you are, disable it and see if the problem has been resolved.
6. If even after these steps, your problem prevails, reset your router and then try logging into it using the default username and password.
You can find the default username and password for your Netgear router model here.
Why can't i login into my netgear router?
Ans: Setting up your router without a modem is not a bi...
Ans: Configuring Netgear router will help you to use Ne...
Ans: Go into the Network and sharing center and next to...
Ans: There are certain problems faced by the users who ...
Ans: I hope HP isn't dropping their lifetime warranty. ...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|