Setup Netgear Nighthawk R7000P Router:
Netgear’s $200 Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 router is particularly designed for gaming and streaming purposes. The router uses the beamforming technology and MU-MIMO system for streaming multiple devices at the same time. Most of the Nighthawk router users do not know how to nighthawk r7000p setup and configure the device. Here in this simple step by step guide, you will learn how to setup Netgear Nighthawk R7000P router.
The router surely comes into force with its high-performance functionality for gaming applications. One who is fond of fun and games should keep this router in mind while future purchase or recommending to others. But, before you can start using it, you should make or set up your router online and make it secure from hackers. Let's quickly get started.
Important Note: In most of the Netgear routers, it is mostly discovered that they have security flaws. In fact, considering those flaws the US government issued warnings about them. However, this R7000P was not present in Netgear’s list of affected routers but the flaws are still not recovered.
Moreover, the other experts gave a suggestion that the R7000P can be vulnerable in the future. Therefore, you have to make sure that the firmware is kept up to date for the device. While the below steps to setup Netgear Nighthawk R7000P router are tried and tested, they will also work on other Netgear routers lined up different variations also.
Steps to Setup Netgear Nighthawk R7000P Router:
Phase 1: Setting Up the Initial Connection
- Check the backside of the Netgear router and remove the antenna caps.
- Find and connect the three antennae. Make sure to align the left and right antennae at a 45-degree angle.
- Next, connect and supply power to the router.
- Connect your Netgear router to the modem using an Ethernet cable. Note that the Ethernet port on the AC2300 glows bright yellow.
- Go to the wireless internet settings on your computer system. You will find the Wi-Fi icon is on the bottom right corner of the screen at Windows machines and the top right side in Mac.
- Now, connect and configure the new router. Remember, that the router has a unique name given at the bottom side of the device. Either you will find on a sticker on the packaging box. Set the router bandwidth to normal or 5GHZ band, whatever that works.
- Enter the specific password provided with the router.
- Open the router setup page in your installed web browser. The browser will automatically open that page, but if it doesn't, visit routerlogin.net using the address bar. If that doesn’t work, try routerlogin.com
Phase 2: Securing Your Netgear Router
When you setup Netgear Nighthawk R7000P router, security is most important. Commonly, every router comes with a default password for setup. But if you want to change and create a unique one, you can do that during the setup process.
By assigning a new password to your router, it becomes hard for others to guess and hack your network. In fact, it becomes difficult for an uninvited visitor to infiltrate your network. So, with these steps, you can change your security settings.
- Set a new password and choose desired security questions under Admin Account Settings and click Next. This information can be used to log in to your router settings.
- Choose whether you want to download router apps or not. Once done, click next option.
- The router automatically checks for new firmware updates. It will download firmware updates if available. If in case its not, press OK.
- Further, you will find a confirmation screen showing all links redirecting you to Netgear articles. So, you can return to routersettings.net.
- Enter the login username and password.
- Next, click on the Wireless option.
- Enter the new SSID names and passwords, and then click on Apply. After a hold, try to connect to the newly named network.
Phase 3: Enabling Guest Networks
This is the last phase which is optional where you have to set up up a guest network. This will allow your visitors to use your Internet without accessing other devices like storage devices or printers which are already connected to the network.
- Under the Settings page, click Guest Network.
- Mark the “Enable Guest Network,” and then name your networks, set passwords and finally click on “Apply.”
nighthawk r7000p not connecting to internet